My Favorite Place at Home - A Global Healing Exercise

 How could a room in your home reflect Global Healing? How about your living room, dining room or kitchen?  The breakfast, lunch or dinner table?  Maybe it's the backyard.  It could even be plants or pets!  Please feel free to think about and add other spaces you frequent and share.   Share your discoveries!  We'd love to hear your discoveries!

Here are a couple examples from members of our board: One of my favorite places to be in my house is my bed - I love to spend time with my cat Paxton there. Sometimes I do breathing exercises, a body scan, read a book, watch television, close my eyes and drift into dream land... whatever I do is better with my cat near me. The blankets each have meaning, the orange one on top was made by my paternal grandmother, the next one down is from El Salvador where we lived for three years, under that is a gift from my daughters a wool blanket made by a native American crafts person. Around me are paintings by my daughters, aunt and photos of friends and family members. My room is a special sanctuary where I can renew and recharge for what life asks of me. It brings me peace and good energy. - Kerri Klugman
__________________________________________________ One favorite area is our living room. My wife Kitty and I sit here early in the morning. Later in the evening after supper we watch a favorite show or two together. Another special space is our kitchen/dining room area where my wife Kitty and I generally gather in the late afternoon or evening cooking together. A third space is sitting on the piano stool fiddling with the keys. I don’t know how to “play the piano” but I like enjoy playing with the piano. Fourth favorite space is my studio workshop. A healing play space of a different sort, drawing, writing, painting, making things with wood and stuff. Laying things out like this helps me to better see and appreciate the richness of my life. Yep, play and reflection sure do help us to balance and realize how fortunate we are to be here now. - Walter Drew
________________________________________________________ In our home we have a family room. It’s the heart of our home and the place where family gathers for holidays, birthdays, and informal gatherings. My husband and I spend many hours each day in this room, and the fireplace is the centerpiece for holiday decorations, photos of current family events, and warm toasty evenings. Many conversations take place here every day and week. We love the brick fireplace, the German stein that I hand painted nearly 50 years ago while he was in Vietnam War. - Dee Stegelin

Comments

Kerri said…
I love my bedroom, I spend a lot of time on my bed reading, cuddling with my cat, sleeping and even just meditating or doing yoga. My bed is my happy place in my house!

Popular posts from this blog

Some insight! The How-To's of Approaching Global Healing

The Multi-Dimensional Complex Components of Global Healing