A Wonderful Bat Mitzvah


Yesterday I attended a Bat Mitzvah for my niece.  I woke up in time, buttoned my shirt , tried to remember how to tie a tie but had to find a tie clip, got my reading glasses and fancy Yarmulke.  The preparations took me back many years.  Old Memory participates in the reconstructed NEW from religious and family perspectives.  I met many family members whom I had never met before.  The most touching thing was that two of them remembered my father as their uncle.  They were the children of my Father’s sister.  Eva, the cousin we celebrated, performed each part with confidence and joy.  The event brought together a sharing and caring spirit for one another.   There was lots of good table talk at this Bat Mitzvah celebration.  The Reconstructionist approach of this temple made the temple services available through ZOOM. The rabbi and his staff had prepared the Bat Mitzvah girl and, in addition, made the younger generation an integral part of  the celebration.  Adaptations were undertaken with perfection.  We wore masks and ate in tents.  I was able to use a medical walker to move about from parking the car to all the other eating and religious activities called for.  

Many Thanks To all the Falkrnsten’s and especially EVA.

I am now 96 years old and celebrated my Bar Mitzvah in 1938. It was celebrated with the additional overlay of having to adapt to the Virus that was Hitler.

More about my Bar Mitzvah to come.....

In Peace and Global Healing,

Ed


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some insight! The How-To's of Approaching Global Healing

The Multi-Dimensional Complex Components of Global Healing