Queen Elizabeth II 1926-2022

Just a few months before her death, Ed wrote this letter to the Queen of England: Dear Madam, I want to thank you for the 60 years you have been guiding a supporting human endeavors. I’m particularly thankful to you and your leadership, since your government passed a law accepting refugee children from Nazi held and invaded territories. I was one of 1,000 lucky children, coming 6 days before WWII broke out. A Quaker community in Ilkley, Yorkshire, provided a group home for boys. Thanks to you and your government, I was able to obtain an affidavit to move to New York in the United States. Cunard White Star Line Britannica took me to New York City, where I landed on April 1, 1940, to await reuniting with my family who had escaped from Germany. Had you and your Parliament passed a forward-looking way of rescuing 1,000 children in need of group homes in England or with families accommodating individual children. Because I’m alive today, through England’s generosity, I have created, with colleagues and friends, a Global Healing Project. You started me on the road of reconciliation and the gifts of loving, caring, and sharing. I also am sending you an advanced invitation to my 100th birthday in Boston, Massachusetts, on September 13, 2025. Of course, should your own journey bring you to Boston, we stand ready to welcome you and celebrate you. With Global Healing admiration, play and peace, Dr. Edgar Klugman
Dear Dr. Klugman, The Queen wishes to thank you for your supportive letter in which you told her magesty about your Global Healing Project.The Queen was touched by your thought in writing to express your gratitude to the United Kingdom as one of the children who arrived in this country on the Kindertransport. The Queen was so pleased to know that you were re-united with your family after moving to the United States in 1940 and that you are now making plans for your 100th birthday celebration.The Queen is most grateful for your very kind words and I want to thank you again for your letter. Yours Sincerely, Lady Whitehead Lady-in-Waiting

Comments

Unknown said…
How timely is this letter to and from the Queen! Little did we know that a few weeks after the letter was acknowledged by the Queen's office, we would be mourning her loss and celebrating her legacy. Thank you for sharing!
Kerri said…
I am so proud that my father continues to reach out to any and all people who are part of global healing. He is a real connector and community builder even now in his 97th year! Hurrah for the Kindertransport!
Kerri said…
I am so proud that my father continues to reach out to any and all people who are part of global healing. He is a real connector and community builder even now in his 97th year! Hurrah for the Kindertransport! Also, thank you Jenny for making sure that this was put on the blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Some insight! The How-To's of Approaching Global Healing

The Multi-Dimensional Complex Components of Global Healing