"A King Dressed as a Servant" - a poem by Rumi

 A sweet voice calls out

The caravan from Egypt is here

A hundred camels with amazing treasure.


Midnight, a candle and someone quietly waking me,

Your friend has come.


I spring out of my body, put a ladder to the roof,

and climb up to see if it is true.


Suddenly there is a world within this world,

ocean inside the water jar.


A king sitting with me dressed as a servant.

A garden in the chest of the gardener.


I see how love has thoughts,

and that these thoughts are circling

in conversation with majesty.


Let me keep opening this moment

Like a dead body reviving.


Shams Tabriz saw the placeless one

and from that he made a place.


                        ~Rumi


Rumi's poetry is known in history as a bridge between faiths.

Image by: Faik Sarıkaya / wowTURKEY.com

Comments

Anonymous said…
Such a beautiful poem! I love the line " I see how love had thoughts" as love is an entity in my mind for sure!

Popular posts from this blog

Some insight! The How-To's of Approaching Global Healing

The Multi-Dimensional Complex Components of Global Healing