A fun story from my childhood

One of my teen age love affairs was with Shirley Temple who appeared in the German translation of the film The Littlest Rebel. Part of the four freedoms that I experienced was the sky is the limit. I so wanted to meet Shirley Temple in person! Can you imagine a teenage refugee child in New York city hearing that she worked for Metro Goldwyn Mayer? I looked up the New York address, which was 23rd St in Manhattan between 7th and 8th Ave. I marched down to the Metro Goldwyn Meyer office absolutely convinced I would meet her. I arrived at the office door and it clearly stated Metro Goldwyn Meyer. I was scared to turn the nob handle but did so. I told the secretary behind the desk that I would like to see Shirley Temple. What a disappointing response, she lives in Hollywood and is not in their office in NYC. My love for Shirley Temple never faded.  I am still hoping someday to bump into her and tell my story to her personally.

Comments

Julian C said…
I'm a 13 year old and I find this story inspiring because it shows how persistent some people can be. Even when they go through hard times, they just pick up where they left off.
i love that even though there was so much in life that was going on you still payed attention to all the smaller things in life

Popular posts from this blog

Some insight! The How-To's of Approaching Global Healing

The Multi-Dimensional Complex Components of Global Healing